miércoles, 4 de abril de 2012

The mother who disguised herself as a pimp to find her daughter

The twice tried to kill, they burned her house, threatened with death on numerous occasions all for insisting on finding her missing daughter for 10 years.It Susana Trimarco, whose daughter, Maria de los Angeles ("Molly") Veron was kidnapped by a gang of trafficking in women and subjected to sexual exploitation.Your destination today is unknown.Related ContentTestimony of a mother directs attention to white slavery in ArgentinaHow difficult it is to denounce prostitution in ArgentinaVeron's case has at least two facts that make it exceptional.The first is that the accused of his kidnapping are being tried, which does not happen often in Argentina when cases of trafficking or sexual exploitation.Official figures show that in this country some 1,200 women have been rescued from trafficking groups since 2008, but in the same period have opened just 122 lawsuits covering about 200 victims and only 40 cases went to judgment.Click Click here for charts on the trafficking of women in ArgentinaThe second fact relates to the things he has done Susana Trimarco to try to find her daughter came to infiltrate as a pimp in the bands it for clues, and then started a foundation that has rescued more than 400 women sexual exploitation.Bad feeling
 
Susana Trimarco looking for his daughter Mary of the Angels ("Molly") Veron for a decade."This is a terrible pain that is carried in the soul permanently. One almost gets used to live with him," Trimarco says the BBC, in the busy office with the Foundation Mary of the Angels, the name of his daughter, in Tucuman.Trimarco exudes strength. It has a straight face, that seemed not to have smiled in years. But it is polite, even when asked to recall their ordeal."On April 3, 2002 was a very sad day of my life. I'll never forget. Was the day he destroyed the life of my daughter. My granddaughter pulled him to his mother and took me to my daughter" says.When "Marita" Veron did not return home that day, a routine visit in the hospital, his parents not only were concerned. Some would say that things were not right."We went to look everywhere, the streets that she was taking to go home, in hospitals. On returning home, my husband and I started to mourn and he says' something bad happened to my daughter, I have a bad feeling. "I told him I did not think so, but deep down we both felt something very ugly. One such parent knows," he recalls."On April 3, 2002 was a very sad day of my life. I'll never forget. Was the day he destroyed the life of my daughter. My granddaughter pulled him to his mother and took me to my daughter"Susana TrimarcoThe clue that embarked on the search for her daughter within trafficking organizations came from an acquaintance, who received information from someone who saw three men Veron rode in a car that looked like a taxi.Trimarco managed to speak with the informant, but when he came back to him to declare to the authorities the man had disappeared, leaving in their humble home in Tucuman all their belongings.The "madame"Trimarco accused the provincial authorities of the time of being complicit in the trafficking gang that took his daughter.Among the 13 accused is former policemen. But all deny the charges.From what you say was a lack of help, Trimarco decided to undertake the research directly.With the help of a curator friend of his family began the investigations and inquiries daily. Three months after the disappearance of her daughter such efforts resulted in a first raid on a brothel. Marita Veron was not, but about 60 women.
 
In 2007 the Foundation created Trimarco Maria de los Angeles."My husband and I stopped on the track and said that 'those who are against their will in this place to come with us.' Girl immediately runs and hugs me and clung to my left there "says Trimarco.The woman was named Anahi. It was a time when house Trimarco who helped rebuild their lives.
Susana Trimarco Anahi, meanwhile, gave key research data: confirmed seeing Veron and also provided information on how the organization worked. Today is a key witness in the trial.With this track and a phone book of a police officer was arrested for his links to the bands, Trimarco escalated their actions."I dressed and makeup and I did go as a pimp. It was not a prostitute as I am now and I could get into that world," he said.Agreed with a woman who "sold" girls a visit to a brothel. "Do not warned anyone who would do that. Just who I was, who call the police and my husband if it came after some time," he says."The brothel is where the showing. Each had its price. All had face of terror. Was up just under 14 years. When you saw his head down and covered the body dressed in skimpy clothes. His body showed the terror and pain suffering. I am not a psychologist but you knew fear, "he recalls of the experience.StructureTrimarco visited four brothels by pretending to be pimps. This enabled him to provide information to the police commissioner, through the family friend, to rescue 129 women over four years. Many lived at home while recovering or returning with his family.In 2007, with the help of the Human Rights Secretariat of Tucuman, decided to open the foundation to give structure to their efforts."I have found victims who were kidnapped 12 years. If Marita is not alive, at least I will demand the surrender"Susana TrimarcoSince then the group has opened over 800 cases in courts, and at least half of these have led to the emergence or recovery of women subjected against their will into prostitution."We currently have 38 victims who are receiving counseling, social and legal. Some are helping with their children because they were born in the brothels and many do not even know who their parents," said Trimarco.The governments of the United States and Argentina have rewarded this woman for his actions against a scourge of global reach.In addition, his personal struggle also prompted the adoption by the Argentine legislature of a law against trafficking in persons has been instrumental in the rescue of nearly 3,000 people, who suffered sexual or labor exploitation, since its enactment in 2008.But none of this made Trimarco is distracted from the pursuit of "Marita".
Afiche Currently there are 13 people being tried in Tucumán for the abduction and sexual exploitation of his daughter. The trial is expected to end in several months, but it aims to Trimarco provides new clues to the whereabouts of her daughter."I have found victims who were kidnapped 12 years. If Marita is not alive, at least I will demand the surrender," he says."I told them (the defendants) if I have no peace, you also will have it until it is. I'm going to keep looking until you find it."

1 comentario: